Skip to main content
If you are having difficulty getting a burn permit on a day burning is permitted please call 910-294-0996 #2 or 910-363-0025.
If a burn permit application does not appear, burning is not permitted for one or more of the reason(s) listed.
Burning Rules & Regulations
- Only yard waste 4 inches or less in diameter may be burned. No man-made materials may be burned at any time.
- All fires/open burning must be a minimum of thirty feet from any structure.
- Burning is allowed from Sunrise to Sunset only.
- The fire must be supervised at all times and a pressurized water supply must be on site.
- Burning is limited to one fire per lot per day.
- The individual applying for the permit is responsible for the fire.
- You may not burn lot clearing debris.
- Businesses are not allowed to burn.
- Permits are valid only on the day issued.
- No burning is allowed in City right-of-ways.
- Permits can be obtained in person at City Hall or at the Police Department, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The City reserves the right to deny burning permits when weather conditions are not favorable, or by order of the City Fire Marshal.
- This burn permit is subject to immediate cancellation at the sole discretion of the City Fire Marshal.
- Burning in barrels is allowed. (with a burn permit)
- Burning shall not create a nuisance.
- Burn permits must be obtained from The City of Boiling Spring Lakes.