Skip to main content
Photo by Tanja Pigott

Miscellaneous City Ordinances

Tree Ordinance

Permits May Be Required

A permit may be required before the removal of any trees.  Please contact the Planning & Zoning Department


The City no longer requires dogs to be registered.  Ordinance 2022-21 to Amend Chapter 3 - Animals was adopted on October 4, 2022 which removed Sec. 3.52 requiring registration and fee for dog tags within the City limits.  However, there is a fine for impounding dogs which is $100.

Burning Permits

A Burn Permit for yard debris may be obtained online or at the Front Desk and Building Inspections Department at City Hall as well as the Police Department. Check the City website or call City Hall to find out if burn permits are being issued.

Yard Sales

No permit required. Signs must be removed within 24 hours after a sale.

A lake

Photo courtesy of George Demeter


It is illegal to discharge a firearm within City Limits.


Fireworks are not permitted. This is a State Law.

Accessory Structures

All accessory structures require a zoning permit. Depending upon certain factors, the structure may also require a building permit. Please contact Planning & Zoning, or Building Inspections for more information. Applications may be submitted online by clicking the link below:

Permit Forms


Gas-powered watercraft are only allowed on the Big Lake. Electric trolling motored watercraft are only allowed on North Lake, Spring Lake and the Big Lake. For more information, please review the Ordinance.

Vehicle Tags

All vehicles, trailers and campers on your property must display required tags and inspection stickers. Vehicles without tags must be kept under a tarp at all times.

Peddler/Solicitor Background Check Fee

$25 - apply at the Police Department.