POSITION VACANCY: After School Program Assistant
Supervisor: Youth Program Coordinator
Status: Part-time (August – May)
Schedule: Monday – Friday 2:30 – 6:30 pm (subject to change as necessary)
General Duties: Boiling Spring Lakes After School Program Assistant is responsible for:
- Supervision of student participants, of various ages at all times.
- Implementing activities for assigned group and following policies and procedures of the parks & recreation department.
- Supervision of children’s planned activities - some tutoring of elementary studies may also be required.
- Assisting daily in the set-up and clean-up for each session.
- ACTIVE interaction with participants during activities. This is MANDATORY.
Requirements: Must be a high school senior or have received a high school diploma or equivalent. Experience supervising youth in educational or recreational setting is preferred. Basic First Aid/CPR/AED certified or have the ability to become certified prior to reporting to work. Must be self-motivated and independent to complete routine tasks as well as energetic and enthusiastic. Assistants must be comfortable participating in all activities with the children. Drug Screening and Background Check are required prior to employment.
Hours of Work:
Schedule will vary depending on school and special events schedule. Position is part-time -- 20 hours per week. You must be able to work from August 28th through May 29th. The program assistant may also work other department events and activities in the evenings and on weekends. This position does not qualify for city medical or retirement benefits.
Pay: $12.00 per hour