• Elm Road has been completed and submitted to FEMA - $7,050.00
• Pine Road at Spring Lake has been completed and submitted to FEMA - $6,167.00
• Palmer Road has been completed and submitted to FEMA - $ 32,729.10
• All debris removal has been completed and approx. 75% of invoices have been submitted to FEMA for reimbursement ($ 1,113,213.30 submitted)
• Category B - Emergency Protective Measures ($ 232,312 submitted)
Pending Projects not Started Yet
• Pine Lake Detour Roads (Nassau; Queens & Pine Lake Road)
• Insurance Deductibles (Community Center & Municipal Garage)
South Shore Drive
• FEMA site visits completed at #1, #2 and #4
• Pre-fab headwalls have been manufactured and construction start soon with Carmichael Construction
• Except for paving, the road will be open for traffic.
E. Lakeview Drive
• FEMA site visit completed yesterday
• Construction estimate of $ 164,000 obtained from McGill Associates
North Lake NCDOT Repairs
• Work ongoing with Crystal/Drayton and Pine in anticipation of becoming detour
• Striping of center line of Crystal scheduled for Friday
• Coordination with NCDOT for daily maintenance of Drayton still planned.
Fifty Lakes Drive
• NCDOT contractor started patching on Monday and should be completed this week.
• Pre-bid meeting with three (3) contractors held last Friday.
• Proposals due Friday, February 15 @ 2 pm.
• Construction survey underway and easements still in progress.
• Documentation has been submitted by McGill Associates to NCDPS making case for them to appeal to FEMA for inclusion of project in dam repairs.
Upper/Middle/North and Pine
• Proposal on agenda tonight to include required breach analysis by NC Dam Safety for the dams.
• Current plan is to bid out this work by August with construction completion by March/April 2020
• USACE requires additional survey information which is included in the McGill proposal this evening - pool area created due to breach.
• Design/build is still the anticipated procurement process for this dam.
• Bidding, bid evaluation and recommendation of contractor is scheduled to be completed by June 2019.
• Contractor will then prepare plans for permits using the existing auxiliary spillway design combined with repairing the dam breach.
• Allowing for 90 days of environmental permitting and dam safety review, it is estimated that construction would start December of 2019 with completion around October of 2020.