Hurricane Florence Update ~ November 2019
Please click the button below for the Hurricane Florence Updated Summary ~ 11/5/2019
Hurricane Florence 11/5/2019
BSL Dam Design Completion Schedule - 10/30/2019
BSL Phase 1 Schedule ~ 10/30/2019
Hurricane Florence Update ~ October 2019
Please click the button below for update as of 10/1/2019
Hurricane Florence 10/1/2019
BSL Phase I Schedule 10/1/2019
Construction / Reconstruction Schedule 9/1/2019
Hurricane Florence Update ~ September 2019
Please click the button below for update as of 9/1/2019
Hurricane Florence 9/1/2019
BSL Design Schedule 9/1/2019
BSL Dam Design FEMA Coordination Minutes 8/20/2019
Hurricane Florence Update ~ August 2019
Please click the button below for update as of 8/1/2019
Hurricane Florence 8/1/2019
Hurricane Florence Update ~ July 2019
The City provided an update to the recovery efforts to Hurricane Florence.
The attached update and additional information is being provided to provide the public with the most up to date information the City has on our recovery efforts. At the June 4, 2019 Board meeting, the Commissioners adopted a resolution selecting McGill Associates as the engineering firm to lead the design and bidding/construction administration services for this large project. At the Board’s July 9th meeting, they will consider the Master Agreement and Task Order #1 for the project with the task order attached to describe the work that will be necessary to lead to dam designs being prepared and contracts awarded for construction. A significant amount of geotechnical work is being required by NC Dam Safety since that information does not exist since it was not required back in the mid-1960’s when the dams were first constructed.
For additional information please contact City Manager Jeff Repp at (910) 363-0025 or email@example.com.
Please click the button below for update as of 7/9/2019
Hurricane Florence 7/9/2019
BSL Dam Design Comprehensive Schedule Update
BSL Dam Reconstruction Task Order
Meeting Minutes ~ Dam Classification & Design Approach
Jeffrey E. Repp
City of Boiling Spring Lakes
9 E. Boiling Spring Road
Southport, NC 28461
Office: (910) 363-0025
Fax: (910) 363-0029
Hurricane Florence Update ~ June 2019
Please click the button below for update as of June 4, 2019
Hurricane Florence 6/4/2019
Hurricane Florence Update ~ May 2019
Please click the button below for update as of May 7, 2019
Hurricane Florence 5/7/2019
To view a larger version of the chart in the update above, please click link below:
Table ~ Infrastructure Damage Estimates
Hurricane Florence Update ~ April 2019
Please click button for Hurricane Florence update as of April 2, 2019
Hurricane Florence 4/2/2019
Hurricane Florence Update ~ March 2019
Please click button to view the updated Hurricane Florence report from the City Manager dated 3/19/19.
Hurricane Florence updated Summary 3/19/2019
Please click button to view the updated Hurricane Florence report from the City Manager dated 3/5/19.
Hurricane Florence 3/5/2019
Hurricane Florence Update ~ February 2019
• Elm Road has been completed and submitted to FEMA - $7,050.00
• Pine Road at Spring Lake has been completed and submitted to FEMA - $6,167.00
• Palmer Road has been completed and submitted to FEMA - $ 32,729.10
• All debris removal has been completed and approx. 75% of invoices have been submitted to FEMA for reimbursement ($ 1,113,213.30 submitted)
• Category B - Emergency Protective Measures ($ 232,312 submitted)
Pending Projects not Started Yet
• Pine Lake Detour Roads (Nassau; Queens & Pine Lake Road)
• Insurance Deductibles (Community Center & Municipal Garage)
South Shore Drive
• FEMA site visits completed at #1, #2 and #4
• Pre-fab headwalls have been manufactured and construction start soon with Carmichael Construction
• Except for paving, the road will be open for traffic.
E. Lakeview Drive
• FEMA site visit completed yesterday
• Construction estimate of $ 164,000 obtained from McGill Associates
North Lake NCDOT Repairs
• Work ongoing with Crystal/Drayton and Pine in anticipation of becoming detour
• Striping of center line of Crystal scheduled for Friday
• Coordination with NCDOT for daily maintenance of Drayton still planned.
Fifty Lakes Drive
• NCDOT contractor started patching on Monday and should be completed this week.
• Pre-bid meeting with three (3) contractors held last Friday.
• Proposals due Friday, February 15 @ 2 pm.
• Construction survey underway and easements still in progress.
• Documentation has been submitted by McGill Associates to NCDPS making case for them to appeal to FEMA for inclusion of project in dam repairs.
Upper/Middle/North and Pine
• Proposal on agenda tonight to include required breach analysis by NC Dam Safety for the dams.
• Current plan is to bid out this work by August with construction completion by March/April 2020
• USACE requires additional survey information which is included in the McGill proposal this evening - pool area created due to breach.
• Design/build is still the anticipated procurement process for this dam.
• Bidding, bid evaluation and recommendation of contractor is scheduled to be completed by June 2019.
• Contractor will then prepare plans for permits using the existing auxiliary spillway design combined with repairing the dam breach.
• Allowing for 90 days of environmental permitting and dam safety review, it is estimated that construction would start December of 2019 with completion around October of 2020.